Expectations and Important Info
- ALL students (3rd/4th year NYMC and VSAS) must fulfill the obligations listed below.
- Be ON TIME for your shift and conference. (NYC public transportation is at times unpredictable, please plan accordingly).
- Be PROACTIVE, ask to do procedures!
- If you have any questions during a shift, just ask! You are here to learn and we are here to teach.
- You may request 2 days off in your schedule although there are no guarantees.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a shift, please immediately email the resident coordinators and cc: Dr. Chirurgi and Dr. Adamakos. We will accommodate for interviews. Unjustified absences are not well received.
- Fill out the Shift Log after every shift. Please try to complete within 24 hours of finishing the shift.
- Required procedures: Lac repairs x2, Splinting x2, IV placement x2, Blood draw x2, Foley x1.
- Every student must complete 12 shift logs, 12 paper shift evaluations, the mid-clerkship evaluation, and the rotation exit survey by the end of the rotation.
Rotation Orientation Dates (2019 – 2020)
*Orientation is the first Tuesday of each block located in the 2nd floor resident library, rm. 2A37
|7/8 – 8/2||7/9|
|8/5 – 8/30||8/6|
|9/2 – 9/27||9/3|
|9/30 – 10/25||10/1|
|10/28 – 11/22||10/29|
|11/25 – 12/20||11/26|
|12/21 – 1/5||WINTER BREAK|
|1/6 – 1/31||1/7|
|2/3 – 2/28||2/4|
|3/2 – 3/27||3/3|
|4/6 – 5/1||4/7|
|4/27 – 5/22||4/28|
|5/25 – 6/19||5/26|