Expectations and Important Info
- ALL students (3rd/4th year NYMC and VSAS) must fulfill the obligations listed below.
- Be ON TIME for your shift and conference. (NYC public transportation is at times unpredictable, please plan accordingly).
- Be PROACTIVE, ask to do procedures!
- If you have any questions during a shift, just ask! You are here to learn and we are here to teach.
- You may request 2 days off in your schedule although there are no guarantees.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a shift, please immediately email the resident coordinators and cc: Dr. Manizate. We will accommodate for interviews. Unjustified absences are not well received.
- Fill out the Shift Log after every shift. Please try to complete within 24 hours of finishing the shift.
- Required procedures: Lac repairs x2, Splinting x2, IV placement x2, Blood draw x2, Foley x1.
- Every student must complete 12 shift logs, 12 paper shift evaluations, the mid-clerkship evaluation, and the rotation exit survey by the end of the rotation.
Rotation Orientation Dates (2018 – 2019)
*Orientation is the first Tuesday of each block located in the 2nd floor resident library, rm. 2A37
|7/2 – 7/28||7/3|
|7/30 – 8/24||7/31|
|8/27 – 9/21||8/28|
|9/24 – 10/19||9/25|
|10/22 – 11/16||10/23|
|11/19 – 12/14||11/20|
|12/17 – 1/1/19||WINTER BREAK|
|1/7 – 2/1||1/8|
|2/4 – 3/1||2/5|
|3/4 – 3/29||3/5|
|4/8 – 5/3||4/9|
|5/6 – 5/31||5/7|
|6/3 – 6/28||6/4|